Pai Skincare's mission is to help people take control of their sensitive skin. We have a certified organic skin care brand and professional treatments range that we manufacture and distribute from our base in West London.
Launched by Sarah Brown in 2007 as a solution to her own challenging skin, Pai has grown from a converted garage and now employs 40 people.
The cult Pai range has garnered praise from beauty editors, Hollywood makeup artists and A-list stars, including Natalie Portman and Emma Watson.
We are looking for a second formulator to join our team, to support our Head of NPD.
The next few years are going to be exciting for the company as we build on our success in UK and USA and enter Asia. Central to our expansion plan will be the launch of innovative new products and a continued review and improvement of existing products in the range.
We are looking for a passionate cosmetic chemist and trailblazer who is up for the ride! Someone who gets our mission and who can demonstrate creativity and an absolute quest for quality.
- Develop and prepare theoretical formulas, following detailed protocols.
- Source interesting and emerging new ingredients – attending all relevant trade shows.
- Prepare lab batches for stability tests, regulatory tests and further application.
- Conduct stability tests.
- Assist the Regulatory officer in collecting data to build regulatory dossiers and ensure the safety and compliance of Pai products in different territories.
- Assistance in determining the manufacturing process from lab scale to production scale.
- Ongoing liaison with suppliers for technical enquiries and ordering of raw material samples.
- Organise and keep inventory record of raw material samples.
- BSc in Chemistry with cosmetic specialization.
- Knowledge and application of GLP in day-to-day work.
- Minimum 3/4 years experience in a cosmetic laboratory.
- Knowledge of European cosmetic regulation.
- Experience in natural and organic skincare an advantage.
- Ability to work both under direction and own initiative.
- Good attention to detail.
Salary: dependent on experience.
Free skin care products, on-site weekly yoga, team events and more.